Description of the ISO 31000 Risk Management Course
Participants will gain an understanding of the ISO 31000 requirements and learn how to implement a risk management system. On completion of this seminar participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ISO 31000 specification for Risk Management in South Africa
- Communicate the requirements for ISO 31000 compliance
- Plan the implementation of an ISO 31000 compliant management system
- Assist an organization implement the necessary ISO 31000 process for risk management
- Assess the extent an organization adheres to the ISO 31000 specification.
Participants will learn through discussion and practical examples how to design and implement risk management in accordance with the ISO 31000 requirements for risk management.
This seminar includes topics about:
- Overview of the ISO/IEC 31000 specification
- The scope and purpose of an risk management system
- Defining a risk management policy and framework for setting objectives, regulatory compliance and risk management
- Understanding an organization’s risk management requirements
- Developing and implementing a risk management system
- Recognising current capability in risk management
- Adopting a process approach for establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, reviewing, maintaining and improving an organisation's risk management.
- Using the "Plan-Do-Check-Act" (PDCA) model to structure all risk management processes
- Implementing and operating controls to manage an organization's risks in the context of the organization’s overall business risks;
- Monitoring and reviewing the performance and effectiveness of risk management
- Continual improvement based on objective measurement.
- Essential document and records management.