Description of the COBIT 5 Implementation Course
ISACA has introduced the COBIT 5 Implementation course and exam for organisations to identify who is competent to implement COBIT 5 using the ISACA approach for enabling change through a programme designed to enable change and manage continuous improvement.
The COBIT 5 Foundation course and exam is the entry point. Only candidates who have passed the COBIT 5 Foundation exam may register for the COBIT 5 Implementation exam.
Participants will obtain an understanding of the of the key aspects of "Change Enablement" using the COBT 5 Implementation Guide and be able to:
- Analyse the enterprise drivers for change in IT
- Identify the implementation challenges, root causes & success factors
- Assess current process capability (As Is)
- Determine target process capability (To Be)
- Scope and plan improvements
- Consider practical implementation factors
- Identify and avoid potential pitfalls
- Leverage the latest good practices
- Apply the COBIT 5 continual improvement life-cycle approach to address these requirements and establish and maintain a sustainable approach to governing and managing enterprise IT as “normal business practice”.
Participants will learn through discussion and practical examples about:
- Analysing the enterprise drivers, prioritising business requirements and identifying opportunities for improvements in IT to add value to the business in alignment with strategic objectives
- Recognising the implementation challenges, root causes and success factors to enable change
- Avoiding potential implementation pitfalls by leveraging good practice and avoiding poor strategies.
- Selecting the most appropriate approach to implementing GRC, addressing information technology related pain points and building IT capability
- Resourcing strategies for the implementation team
- Scoping and planning improvements
- The phases of the Programme Management life-cycle
- The phases of the Change Enablement life-cycle
- The phases of the Continuous Improvement life-cycle.
Take the COBIT 5 Implementation Exam!