KING IV - Information and Technology Governance Course
King IVTM defines a framework for technology and information governance aimed at supporting an organisation’s governing body to govern in a way that supports the organisation in defining its core purpose and to set and achieve its strategic objectives.
Today, more than ever, organisations are required to contend with increasingly dynamic and demanding external and internal environments by making good corporate governance accessible and fit for application through the adoption of governance practices suitable to the organisation and able to sustain value creation.
King IVTM defines South Africa’s requirements for technology and information governance. The King IV Principle 4.2 recommends 8 practices for the governance of technology and information that align with governance principles and governance outcomes. COBIT® is an information and technology governance and management framework from ISACA that maps to King IV. It provides practical guidance for the implementation of technology and information governance in accordance with King IV.
COBIT 5 is the most recent version of the integrated process reference model, providing further guidance, and more details, about how to govern the use of information technology, develop strategy, manage investments in information technology, deliver value, optimise resources, manage performance and govern IT risks.
This seminar will provide delegates with a clear understanding of information and technology governance and it will illustrate how to implement information and technology governance using practical examples.
The purpose of this seminar is to assist participants understand the King IV requirements for technology and information governance and learn how to improve their current capability to govern technology and information. On completion of this seminar, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of King IV corporate governance framework, the applicable principles and practices for technology and information governance
- Articulate a plan of action to address the requirements of King IV and assist the Board and CIO fulfil their governance responsibilities as set out in King IV
- Design and implement a governance framework and management system for the technology and information governance practices of King IV
- Develop an accountability framework
- Perform reviews and report on the technology and information governance framework.
- The role of the board and CIO in governing the way technology and information supports the organisation
- Developing policy for the articulation of strategic direction and adoption of appropriate standards and frameworks
- Implementing policy for enterprise-wide technology and information management, long and medium-term decision-making and day-to-day operations
- Techniques for establishing adequacy and effectiveness of technology and information management
- Governance of cyber-security risk and opportunity
- Performing formal reviews of the adequacy and effectiveness of an organisation’s technology and information function
- Minimum requirements for the disclosure of structures and processes for technology and information management.